Monday, July 29, 2013

teepee.



I need an attempt to draw my self nearer.
naturally, I step to the mirror
only to hear
"Come with me,
where alarms clocks wont go off
where neighbors don't scoff at each self expression.
You could say I've learned my lesson and studied for this test,
Yet the answer thats best
is one grain of sand from the rest.

See, as the hair-based swallows nest 
                                                  gets kicked for a random jest 
we test dogs on their ability to speak.
 The control is weak when
the words that we squeak 
are a dead language.

And fitted with this anguish 
we settle, four lettered love
and gifts from above
that fit like a glove.

So, what are you seeking? 
your tattered ship-a-leaking
 your weak mind-a-meeking
 you've lost the control room.

I remember the day
i couldve sworn i dusted my broom
awaiting this doom
sweating barrels at high noon.
Yet for once,
I saw clearly
as lead missed the real me
that everything i held so dearly
was really
most nearly
a tumbleweed.

Now, too soon to free
readily 
I wait for We
in eternity.
with hopes that you will see 
the end of the apparent mystery
and start something new
old, borrowed, and blue
wed in the light of the sweet morning dew"

(Noting my inability to cope with reality, 
i saw it a mere formality that i yelled back to the personality...)

"Oh, and whats a crush to do as they spot the lush in you?
to walk on through?
how refreshing,
how new!
this...Chivalry!
what a thrill to see
another white knight on a horse
another preacher's voice
coarse,
growling obscenities like a drunken norse"

"What i mean, of course
is after three corks on the championship court
my humble retort
is the size of the fort 
doesn't matter.
What truly arose such a clatter 
were the walls tumbling down
as your gem-studded crown
fell fast and down
to drown
in the hems of your gown.
to shatter the gilded floor
paranoid Emperor, be paranoid no more!"

"Rather me a single thread
on the bed
where a wrinkled old god rests it's head
as leagues of the dead
jam it with unleavened bread?

Is that the destination?
after all this procrastination
and three hail mary's after each masturbation
and taking one to many lacerations
from the organizations
sister corporation,
to end my expensive education
my final fidgeting frustration
is to man my eternal battlestation
and learned when to bow?
if i have missed it somehow
show me now!
for all i see is golden cows,
lifetimes spent in torment 
to help pay the rent of a fat billionaire"

"There!
the glazed-over stare you wear payed your fair.
and now,
behind a veil so thin,
only now gnashing for oxygen
lies an ember.
A gift from the month of your splendor
a spark to remember
the flame you were born from"

"and how my heart beats like a drum
i will not succumb
I am
but a crumb"

"aye, but a crumb to a loaf,
and if i might add,
quite an oaf.
You argue to stall, 
i am but a wake up call
who dares to shake up all your 
crispy leaves.
i challenge you,
dance as the trees do,
hum like the bees do,
that is whats true.
that's the to do.
No witches brew
no incantations
years of vows to renew.
you'll see when you do,
you wait only for you."

and with that,
left i alone
with a mouthful of tongue
to chew.







No comments:

Post a Comment